Bought a XTR M70 257Rbts when the distributor I worked for got it's 1st shipmnetof the new XTR M70 Fwt's in, "to use as a sample to show dealers"...

We only carried 2 choices for Rbt's ammo, a WW White Box 100gr PSP ST & a RP 117 gr RN. My gun shot the WW ST's bigtime lots better than the RP RN's and I stayed with them until they were discontinued. The RP RN's never shot any better in my gun than about 1 1/2 to just under 2" groups, good enough for minute of deer but not a confidence builder. Even my early handloads in Hornady's would give me close to an inch groups.

The WW's were Hyper accurate, easy DRT's on WTails with good pentration. My longest kill ever was from a hip braced off hand one shot kill on a Pronghorn in Wyoming on a Weaver factory trip at 444 steps from the guides 36" inseams.

OTOH it took 5 shots to finish off my 1st wild hog, a 125/135lb'er who soaked up 2 behind the right shoulder in the crease at 60+ yards, + 2 in the briskit's cowlick at under 50 feet, and the finisher under his left eye at about 25/30 feet....using the same WW 100gr ST's I'd alway used on WtTails. After that goat ropin' I moved back to my old reliable do all 270 & 150gr Speer Hot Cores anytime hogs were on the menu.
Ron

Last edited by verhoositz; 04/05/17.

TIME FOR TERM LIMITS !!!! Politicians are just like diapers, they need to be changed often and regularly for the same reason...Robin Williams.