The biggest whitetail I have ever shot I took with a Remington bronze point - 150 grain at 2800 fps from the .308. The shot was broadside to the ribs just behind the shoulder. Deer was running full speed, at about 80 yards and it dumped him. But when I dressed the deer, I noticed that the bullet didn't even make it to the other side of the chest cavity. Lungs were mush, but no part of the bullet pierced the other side. That was the last time I used them for hunting.
I believe Remington copied the Canadian Industries Ltd. Copper Point Expanding which came out some years before. I watched my brother shoot a black bear, placing the 180 grain .303 CPE bullet in pretty much the same place as my deer. Curiously, that bullet failed to expand at all, punched a .303 size hole right through. Was a long tracking job and another shot to finish the PO'd bear.
I'm glad both bullet designs are obsolete.
CIL went on to invent the nylon insert "Sabre Tip", which was better but sill somewhat erratic, which was then copied and perfected by Norma in Sweden as their plastic point and Nosler in the USA as the Ballistic tip.