Cliff,

As mentioned by Hodgdon, recommending NOT to substitute IMR's 4895 for Hodgdon's...

I deduce a simple explanation for that one...

a little speculation on my part here, but an educated guess isn't that hard to figure out...

ADI GAVE Hodgdon the data and load testing, using what is labeled H 4895 here in the USA... Hodgdon didn't do anything on their own... its not their data... its ADI...

NO ONE official has done the same work with IMRs 4895... so they don't have any official sanctioned and verified data...

But they DO have a legal dept... and to avoid any potential Law suits, suing them... they simply say that they don't recommend it...

A lot of the reduced load world, such as in cast bullet manuals, isn't sanctioned by the Powder Manufacturers...

its all about avoiding law suits, from idiots who screw up and then blame the powder manufacturers, and get themselves some ambulance chasing type lawyer... the "Better Call Saul"
types.

cast bullet loading and reduced velocity loading, is for people who can use their brains... ( which isn't everybody).. factory load data is for those who can't think and only know how to follow someone else's instructions...

but each handloader needs to evaluate their skill level and experiences and follow their conscience...

its a good thing, for those who really don't know what they are doing, to stay away from trying to do their own work.. and rely on factory info only...

however if someone does want a reduced load, for less recoil...I can tell ya, if they disassemble a Factory "reduced load" such as Remington Managed Recoil rounds, they will find the powder used, is IMR 4198... but it seems factories don't want the public to know that, or create their own loads, as it will cut into that profitable little product nitch...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez