Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by hh4whiskey
FWIW, a slightly faster powder may reduce some blast in the shorter M7 bbl, if that's an issue.

Re Reading the thread, I was thinking the same thing...but I know it will reduce the muzzle blast...

powders that are readily available....Either of the 4198s, RL 7, H 322 and AA 2015....

try 25 to 30 grains of any one of those...

If you are hunting 30/30 ranges, you can drop either 4198 down to 20 grains and they will duplicate a 30/30 for MV...same with RL 7.

I've spent a lot of time developing loads for kids to shoot over the last 10 to 12 years...

where I deer hunt it is 30/30 ranges, so I use these loads myself...with an appropriate bullet they will work all day long on a deer.. regardless of size...your 80 grain Barnes falls into that realm...

Thanks for the info Seafire. I am already loading some greatly reduced loads with Trailboss and 75gr NBT (thanks to you and others) for practice with my daughter. When I first made this thread, I was looking for a mild ttsx load for hunting, but about a week after I posted, she decided she was ready to try for her first deer and I hadn't made time to work up a load as I really thought she wanted to wait another year. So, I just loaded up the factory Hornady GMX ammo that I had used previously with the gun and hoped she could handle it. On our 4th hunt, she killed a 19 3/4" wide 10 point at 80 yards and never even thought about the recoil!! So after that, my goals changed a little and I decided I may as well go with full speed loads, as I firmly believe that the ttsx or gmx work best running hot. So I'm more focused now on getting something to group decent with the 80 gr ttsx and run 3200-3300ish.