Originally Posted by sse
Originally Posted by llamalover2
Learning to sit while peeing your pants and NOT CALLING... now that is the hard lesson to learn.

Call... get answer, call again to confirm your date, next sound he should hear is BOOM!

When I violate this rule my chance of going BOOM! goes way down.

Like Ron White says so eloquently "I had the right to remain silent, but not the ability"

If they would'a started coming in I would'a stopped calling...

In your original post you said you called them in to 75 yards away... They hung up, they didn't "not come in".

They came in, 15 more yards and I'm hammering the biggest if they stop again. Your situation is the same as when honkers circle 20 yards outside the outer decoy, looking things over. Only with turkeys they are stationary and have even better eyes than the honks (if that is possible)

If pre-rut they may have showed more interest in a gobble call/with jake decoy. Or they may have had any of a 100 other distractions/suspicions. I have had bachelor groups see a hen decoy and deflate and run like hell even when I hadn't called a lick (early season) It's like they had already been married!

They may have seen something they didn't like or just seen something over yonder they liked better.

You ever get it all figured out you be sure to let me know eh? it is an awesome show of a magnificent bird!