Gobbling is to tell hens where toms are so they come to them, not vice versa. So if the hen can see them they want her and expect her to come to them. Sometimes they deviate from this, and others they don't.

. I have used the "reaping" twice which is sneaking up to them with a decoy. Killed both birds. Yea it was fun but in no way challenging. Many people say how unsafe and what not but on private land that you are familiar with I don't see that much danger in it honestly. Public land would be seriously stupid. I just chose to hunt them differently. Not criticizing

I would ditch the decoys if hunting in woods or on a wood line that you can back up in the woods a little further. Make them search for you. Try a strutted decoy if you must use them. Maybe a jerk line. ( I rarely if ever use decoys)
Fighting purrs can bring in aLive hen if she is mad, but I have also scared them off that way too. Can you get on the same wood line as they are roosted and call them laterally and not across the whole field?

More cutting and less yelping if the birds are unpressured can cause them to get in your face a little more aggressively . If pressured avoid this as it can cause the opposite. One thing I do that seems to calm skittish birds and brings them that final distance is kee kee run mixed into yelping as well as a few feeding squeals. Less is more for the most part when calling