Originally Posted by Ranger99
Originally Posted by stantdm
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Take a turkey fan, either a real one or a manmade one, and use that to hide yourself, and slip up on them. It works, I've seen it in action. As far as calling goes, once they start coming, I judge their 'temperature". If he seems hot, I will keep him excited with some calling. If he seems a little hesitant, I'll softly cluck or even be quiet. The hard part is learning to judge a turkey's behavior, as each one will be different.

Not on public land and not in States that allow rifles to be used.

i wouldn't do it on my own land or any private or public land,
rifle or shotgun hunting either one.
people trespass everywhere these days, and many take a shot
with little discretion at all or no regard for a safe backstop

I agree that safety should be your first concern. But, it's pretty much works most of the time, or at least those who do lot say it will. I know of at least 5 birds that have been killed this year, using that method. I have a turkey tail fan that I sometimes carry, but I rarely use it. I hunt private land, my own mostly, and would have no qualms about using a fan. On the land that I hunt, trespassers are no problem, so that's the least of my worry. However, I'll agree that one needs to be careful and know what they're doing. It's like using a gobble call....I do it on my own land, but I wouldn't if I were hunting somewhere I wasn't familiar with.

Last edited by JamesJr; 04/26/17.