Originally Posted by KRD
Here is a radical thought, regarding the fee increase for resident senior fishing licenses, it should probably be double what it is for non-seniors.
The reason is that seniors have all the time to fish and put much greater pressure on the resources.
BTW, I am a senior and probably fish 4X as much as I did before I retired.

Regarding resident hunting fees going up 50%, put it in perspective. A $20 increase in an elk tag is a nit with regard to what most of us sportsmen whiz away on all of the other costs of a hunting trip. Consider all of the toys that we need for an elk hunt. Many of which need to be replenished each year.

On the other hand I have had a fishing license for the last four years ,plus a 2nd rod stamp and I have not wet a line in those four years.So what you are proposing is only an opinion,not backed up by facts.Ditto for small game license.

Same with your theory of elk license. I have not bought a gadget/toy/ firearm for hunting for many years,and I don't whiz away money for hunts.

CPW whizzes away a whole lot more money.Like dumping a lot of trout into lakes that have northern pike which eat more than 50% of the trout stocked, or the sage grouse study they did in NW CO that cost and average of$50,000 per bird they capture. That info from the people who were doing the study in Unit 201,Cold Spring Mountain, in 2009, or paying for hunter access on private land in eastern CO where a lot of the land s questionable habitat for species to be hunted.

Last edited by saddlesore; 04/29/17.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles