My local enabler gun store salesman called me and said he had just gotten back (consignment sale) a #1V that he sold a few years earlier. He said it was chambered in .25-06 and had some beautiful wood.

Not exactly in the market for another #1V, the quality of wood had me curious so I stopped by to take a look. He was right, the wood was really nice. Good figure and and streaking in the butt...and it was present on both sides! Not much figure on the forend but that was expected. Besides having a scope mounted, it looked brand new.

Caught by the wood, I started thinking of how I would use it and my only real application, besides paper punching / steel, would be sitting on some of our larger food plots where the extra weight wouldn't be a burden to tote.

Has anyone messed with this configuration before? Experiences? Having gotten out of the .25-06 game several years ago, I have to start over on components and dies. Good bullets or loads to try? I put a deposit on the rifle a week ago and plan to go back and get it next week. I will post photos when I bring it home.