another short story about a Ruger # 1 , i own some swamp land in northern Minnesota i spent many days in that swamp cutting shooting lanes out to 300 yards 20 feet wide or more with chainsaw and bull work by me ,son was to young then . we use Ruger #1`s customer 257 Weather chambered barrels and my handloads . i feel we needed rifles that shot fast , shoot flat out to 300 yards just aim at them and knocks a nice buck down , might not be every year but when you do these bucks have been impressive. back in the nastiest stand we call the wolf stand with my long range Ruger #1 and lanes out too 300 yards i look down below my 8 foot high wolf stand there stands a monster whitetail buck 5 feet from stand, his horns were big made this buck look small in size , shot him at 30 feet running fell down dead. buck green scored 201 B.C. non-typical ,we also weighed this old buck 217 lbs.dressed. my son now hunts the wolf stand last year no buck but this year 2021 he shot a huge dark thick horned perfect 8 pt. with 8 inch brow tines and it dressed 225 lbs. now he has the heaviest buck weighed and shot at our camp . but we now have a new 10 year old hunter my grandson Alex who may someday with grandpa`s Ruger #1 kill a bigger buck ? hope you all had a safe great hunt this fall,Pete53

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman