I never followed up on this thread but I did end up with that rifle.

It took me a while to get around to scoping it and developing a load. The first bullet I tried was the 100gr Sierra GameKing. It regularly shoots this bullet just under an inch at 100yds. I could probably fiddle with seating depth a little and shrink that but I just haven't invested more time in this load. I also gave a try with the 110gr Sierra Tipped GameKing.....the rifle definitely does NOT like that bullet. I may try other bullets but I have a lot of irons in the fire so this may just get fed the 100gr SGK for a bit.

I have also been toting this rifle off and on for this season and last. I only carry it when I am sitting on some of our club's larger food plots. I always had a different rifle with me last season when I shot at game, but this year I finally got a doe with the 1V .25-06. The day after Thanksgiving I had one walk out and just beg me to take a trip home for the freezer.

Heaviest hunting rifle I own....set up for the "long" shots....and the first deer I shoot with it is a doe at 45yds. laugh

[Linked Image]