Beave..... yes, that is a BDC turret, and it works very well. Note in the picture there is also a drop chart taped to the magazine.

I like the BDC turret.... all it is, is a drop chart.... that’s taped to your turret, rather than your stock. It’s been working for me for about 15 years now, and it is definitely faster in the field, especially when you’re on the gun and the yardage changes (critter moves). With both eyes open, you can still keep the critter in the glass AND still see the “drop chart” and adjust the turret. No way you’re doing that with the chart taped anywhere else.

A lot of guys talk a lot of schitt about BDC type turrets.... and I guess I could understand.... if you shot a lot of different bullets. Once you settle on a load, why not go BDC? Move up a couple thousand feet in elevation.... then knock a click or two out.... opposite if you’re down a couple thousand feet.

What about wind? That’s easy too... that load has a 7 mph ‘wind bracket’. Meaning: at 7 mph, the drift is .1 Mil per 100 yards.... so if the wind is blowing 10-12..... and the shot is 400 yards, I’d hold .7 MILs of wind. If the shot is 750 yards, in a 7 mph wind, I hold .75 Mil of wind.... pretty simple and very effective. Wind Brackets are another handy tool for the Mil reticle shooter.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......