Pointer.... there were 30-40 pronghorn about 90* to the right of that picture.... they hung out all day and watched us shoot. Pretty funny when they're well inside the range of the frequent hits on steel.

Darren... Stainless would be cool.... but this one has already seen 500+ rounds in 4 months, and will see another 100+ this weekend. Even my parents and their friends wanna go shoot it... so it's grandparents day at the 'range' tomorrow.... should be fun.

Point is.... for under $900, I got a fairly light, compact rifle that fhugkin hammers like a $2k gun. So, I can shoot the crap out of it... and re-barrel it... and still be in it less dough than a Rem platformed custom rifle, including about 1500 rounds (at $.50/ea). Blues actions have never bothered me much... and I don't plan on this blued pipe living long enough to have weather related corrosion issues.

Another cool thing about thing, is the 2.95" magazine... and 'long' action length. It's going to be an awesome platform for a stainless 20" barreled .284 Win. when the factory .260 pipe is toast.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......