Sounds like like I should head to the Chickenbuck camp to see some deer. Northern Wisconsin seems to be worse. Last year, my son and I didn't see a deer. Granted, we didn't try very hard and for good reason. We have about given up. I am glad to say I did see a bear opening day and altogether we kicked up 14 grouse. The deer hunting is just terrible and it is vein flogged off aggressively to boot. I was there last week and hardly a twig to be found that was browsed. A pile of deer droppings here and there . I saw no deer or wolf kills. I got so disappointed that I took off to Upper Michigan. Upper Michigan is not known for a lot of deer. I went to the Hiawatha National Forest, got out , took gps and compass reading and followed a river upstream for about 3/4 mi. I walked 100' and noticed more deer track . I found the deer number were several times higher if you count deer droppings and trails. Minnesota does some thing right. One is they start the season two weeks earlier and that is huge in the big woods cause it starts at the thail end of the rut instead of when the bucks are all worn out and half rutted to death. The bucks are tired and do not move much. This and the suspicion that the neighbors are still poaching is the only realistic conclusion I can think of. I'd love to try northern Minnesota . I bet I'd do better.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23