Originally Posted by teal
Originally Posted by roundoak
"I've recently lost some weight, looking to replace old gear"

Health problems, Teal?.

Nope. Just was too fat. I'm still fat but not too fat. July 4 I started working on it. Really counting calories in, upping protein, cutting sugar by a very large amount and just really paying attention to not only what but how much I was eating. 4-5 Guinness a night, 4 nights a week adds a ton of empty calories even tho its a low cal beer. Always struggled with portion control. Got sick of it. My son graduates from basic training next month and I didn't want to be completely embarrassing when he introduced me to people. I expect to be down another 3-5 lbs by then.

I'm down 12% of my body weight and still working. I won't really need new gear this year, can make my old stuff work one more go but next year, I need new stuff. Actually a combo of too big and wore out. Mostly old Gander Mt. stuff from pre-2000.

If you have a "tailor" or seamstress in the area you may just look into having your old clothes that are still in decent shape "taken in" as we used to do in the Olden Days................you know, the 60's!

I can see replacing the worn out stuff, but if you have any stuff that's still serviceable, alterations might be the answer.

Good luck,

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?