I have KOM that’s decades old and some Fisons also. My overall favorite wool pant is the Filson Whipcord. It’s a medium weight, tight-weave, hard textured pant. Doesn’t pill or snag or itch probably because the hard texture. Spendy? Kind of but but not so much considering they are 20 years old still holding a crease. I wear silk under them when cold and don’t with milder temps — gives me a wide temp range of comfort.

The Filson heaveryweights pants (24 oz) along with their Mac coat (24 oz) are for still hunting only; any movement and you’ll be well-done in an hour.

I liked the old Johnson’s too back in the day; much cheaper and with some synthetic blend in with the wool but they did seem to rip, or pill easier — just lighter weight.

My KOM’s are also decades old and some of the earlier pieces guaranteed not to shrink, shrank a whole size, but they replaced them. On the whole they are good garments and worked well when I bowhunted into the winter in IA and SD.

The thing is most of these would be considered quite expensive but when you consider they are still in good condition, much used, and look good, I don’t at all regret getting them.