As to the original OP, I'll tell you the truth kid, I lived in both of these states. Only for a couple of years near Shelby in MT, but more than 50 several places in WY, and most transplants who come out here don't last too long, especially the young ones. Hell we have a hard time keeping our own kids here when they grow up. Sure the weather can get extreme, -50⁰ and 50mph sideways snow is part of it, but I think the biggest part is culture shock for the metropolis kids. What do you think of a little town that may have one fair like event a year? and that may be your only concert that year without driving hundreds of miles to go see another, or drive then fly. Could you go all year waiting to see a Vince Gill, or Dirt Band concert? The economy is pretty much boom or bust, lots of money when a barrel of oil is high or coal is high, but maybe none a few years later when those prices go down, and those towns that just doubled in population dry up. It happens over and over and has for decades, and that money affects everyone, even people who never worked at the mines or oil fields. Teachers, stores, linemen, even cops are reduced when oil and coal go down .How about a town that has a dozen nice women you'd like to date, that are all married but another dozen fat ones that aren't, do you wait for one of the nice ones to get divorced or? How about a town that has two bars and the same half dozen drunks who's stories you've already heard many times sitting in them chatting up one of those fat girls you were trying to avoid. Yeah there might be some elk about, but the way of life out here is like nothing you've ever dealt with before. You might want to practice up on some Far Cry 5 before you consider moving here.

[Linked Image]