Originally Posted by failure2fire
hello folks! new member and this is my first post! i hope this thread is still accurate and one of the historians here can give me a hand

the other day i was in a hunting shop here in south Alabama browsing the selection and i noticed the owner was selling a bunch of guns from his collection. one of which was a beautiful model 70 featherweight, new haven build, with a stainless 24" barrel..he was asking 1000 dollars for it. it has some really dark wood and the pink/red butt pad on it. the guy over the counter told me it was rather rare and valuable (hence the price) which sparked my interest, moreso the idea of being able to have this to hand down to my children someday really got the gears turning...however the money wasn't on hand at the time

however! i just reenlisted in the army and got my first bonus in 13 years, so i ran back up there today and fortunately the owner of the shop was there. i told him id give him 100 dollars cash now and promise in writing to pay for it in full by the end of January if he'd so let me....thankfully he did! so im soon to be a new owner of one of the most beautiful winchesters i have ever seen!

now ive tried to research (read this whole thread), searched gunbroker to no avail and a myriad of other sources. from what i can tell, this particular firearm had either a larger solid black butt pad, or the red/pink one mine has. my question to ya'll is, when was it manufactured? im quite the gun nut but i am new to the winchester world, and very egar to learn!

the serial number is G3032563 again a model 70 featherweight .308 stainless barrel 24"

if anyone could be of any help id greatly appreciate it! happy new year!!!

2006, the very last year in New Haven CT.