Originally Posted by 86thecat
Originally Posted by The_Chadster
Originally Posted by 86thecat
Hey OP,
How would you react if the wall was built half a mile north of your home and you had to drive 45 miles east to the closest checkpoint to go North? How would you like all the illegals and drug mules staging in your back yard trying to cross into El Norte?

How many people would have the issue getting North? You are talking about people in extremely remote areas..Give them access through a gate in the wall with a code. A woman in Texas already got this with a lawsuit when they put the wall on her land...You could still make it dang near impossible to smuggle drugs or people on or off I10 with strategic checkpoints on I10 and entry/ exit ports on all the state highways that feed into it..

I-10 goes thru Phoenix, let's cut that in half.

This thread title is " Why doesn't Trump build the Wall along the Interstate"

Is there a freeway along the border that I am not aware of?

From Wiki-
Interstate 10 (I-10) is the southernmost cross-country Interstate Highway in the American Interstate Highway System. It stretches from the Pacific Ocean at California State Route 1 (Pacific Coast Highway) in Santa Monica, California, to I-95 in Jacksonville, Florida. Major cities connected by I-10 include (from west to east) Los Angeles, Phoenix, Tucson, El Paso, San Antonio, Houston, Baton Rouge, New Orleans, and Jacksonville.

Im not advocating putting the barrier and smart wall in the cities and towns along I10. You dont need too obviously. You only need to put law enforcement/ high tech ports of entry/ exit on all the state highways on and off I10 that connect to I10. Then strategically place checkpoints on I10 itself. Build the barriers and smart walls outside the cities and towns where it is needed in remote areas on I10...The point is to funnel all the traffic up and down I10 and on the highways connecting to I10 through a checkpoint at some place along the Interstate or on those state highways...Try smuggling drugs or humans through that to the North, it is not going to be easy...

By the way, I10 is covered with barriers all the way through phoenix now already...So, I dont see the issue...They are called sound proofing barrier walls along both sides of the interstate in Phoenix.

Last edited by The_Chadster; 02/02/19.