Originally Posted by mudhen
Originally Posted by The_Chadster
Why not hold the fuggin BORDER?

[quote]If you are going to the time, trouble and expense you propose in this insane thread, why not just put the efforts on the damn border?

Because it's impossible to build a border wall the length of the actual border. The freaking imminent domain lawsuits alone will last for years. Most of it is in remote ass places we cannot get to easily...The changing politicians will never ever let it happen..The Environmental Protection groups will never let it happen....The ranchers in the Rio Grande Valley needing access to the water will never let it happen...The list goes on and on...It is a pipe dream man. It would take decades to get it done. Every kind of lawsuit people can think of to stop it from happening...

If a wall is built on the border, most of it would be constructed on the Roosevelt Easement (google it). Putting it on I-10 would require way more condemnation of private and state-owned land.

Would it be easier access for equipment to build and maintain a wall on I10 instead of the actual border? Obviously, yes...

Would it be easier to control, monitor, etc...Obviously, yes...

Would their be Eminant domain issues? No...The FEDs/ States already own the Interstate and highways and land near them...

If a wall is built on the border, virtually all of it would be constructed on the Roosevelt Easement (google it). Putting it on I-10 would require way more condemnation of private and state-owned land. Besides, thanks to our our last Democrat in the White House and the congress during his administration, current law allows the feds to take land within a relatively large corridor adjacent to the border for border security purposes with no condemnation or compensation.

The Roosevelt Easement is only good for 700 out of 1900 plus miles of the border. It's in Arizona, California, and New Mexico. What do you do about all the ranchers in Texas on the Rio Grande or valley on North side of Rio Grande needing the water? You think you can take their land for nothing without a lawsuit? A lady in South Texas already got 50 plus grand for 1 acre of her land in a lawsuit plus a gate in the border wall with a code she can open it up with...That's just 1 lawsuit....

Why would the government have to take a bunch of land near I10?, they already own it in both bar ditches all up and down I10...