Originally Posted by BobinNH
JWP:Larger bore sizes have an undeniable advantage on the larger game,since they make larger wounds, destroy more tissue,and break heavy bones more reliably,as you point out.Difficulties with quantifying all this is that,while our cartridges and bullets get bigger,faster,penetrate better,etc.,the game animals themselves have not changed and many of our big game cartridges from,say, 6.5mm and up (have to draw the line somewhere)are capable of inflicting serious wounds in vital organs that most mammals can't survive for very long.

Put a bullet through the lungs with a 6.5mm and cetainly a lethal wound has been inflicked.I don't disagree,but the question was what do you get with a bigger caliber and I believe that you do get an advantage,how much faster can you kill animal with a bigger caliber,I don't know. I just know that I would rather have a much larger bore diameter than a 6.5mm,if I were face to face with a coasstal Brown Bear,wouldn't you.....

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first