I never made an offer on this. Days after I posted this I was in the process of putting and offer together with realtor. It was Thurs day and we decided to wait til Monday to send it. I was going to sell my stock off the next day, Friday. The prices of my stocks tanked that day and didn't rebound until after Trump was elected. By that time I had other obligations and couldn't consider buying this place. It sold last summer for about 100k more than I would have paid, 80% of the asking price for a property on the market for 20 years.

Then a month later a larger track from the same owner, this one right across the road from and twice as large, sold after also being on the market. They paid $3000 and acre, but the last year the land has been cleared and roads put in prep for a development. Now the neighbor on my side has a 160 acres also in rough shape asking 10k/acre. I would like it for 4/5k an acre but don't have that to put up right now.

I guess if you sit on land long enough these days eventually you get close to what your asking, ask more people compete for less and less undeveloped land.