In either the 1895 Cowboy 26" or my Browning 1886 carbine 20" the 425grain BearTooth bullet over 50.0grains of AA2230 gives 1936fps in the Marlin and 1867fps in the Browning.
(52.0grains of AA2230 gives 27,400cup).

From Montana Elk,Manitoba Moose and Bear,Minnesota deer and bear to NC/SC deer and boar this load is a "critter crumpler"!!!

I've made enough shots on game to forget about even looking for a bullet to NOT exit!
Breaking both shoulders on Black Bear,Elk,Deer and Boar is a gimmie at the drop of the hammer!

I helped trail up a poorly shot spike bull(7mmSTW/162grain Hornady BTSP)three years back and made a going away at a quartering angle shot with the Marlin.
Right about the last rib on the on-side the bullet entered and exited the off-side shoulder(both lungs and a smashed shoulder)dropping the spike into a rolling cartwheel!

I aint got all the bells and whistles of a Magnum with a huge piece of glass on top but if you do your part and get close enough(thats why they call it going hunting and not going shooting)it works just great!

Mike