Originally Posted by Waders
PRELIMINARY RESULTS:

Before giving any results, I just wanted to say that I had to do some estimating to get actual numbers. I'm no statistician so if you want to criticize my methods, I'll just say this: You're right. I agree with you. smile

-Several responders gave percentages. So I just did the math and came up with a number. If you carried GUN-1 "50% of the time" I called that 183 days.
-Several responses said "almost everyday" or "almost all the time." I called that 90% of the time, which equals 329 days.
-Several responses said "most days," "mostly," or "most of the time." I called that 75% of the time, which equals 274 days.
-Several responses gave a range of days, i.e. "320-350 days." I always used the highest number of the range as the response.
-There were 12 responses that didn't offer me enough information to even take a SWAG at it, and those responses are omitted.
-Rather than track all the Smith J frames by model number, all .357's were lumped into one category; all .38's in another.
-I grouped all 1911's, regardless of manufacturer into three categories (full-size, commander, and officer models). You'll notice no reported data for 1911's; that's because there were virtually no responders carrying 1911's. It kind of made me sad...

The data:
There were 82 usable responses.
Those 82 responders carry 41 different guns as their primary EDC.

The Winners:

Glock 19 - 8 responders. 2854 days.
Ruger LCP - 8 responders. 2009 days.
Smith J frames (.38 Spcl) - 7 responders. 1885 days.
Sig P365 - 6 responders. 1769 days.
Shield 9mm - 5 responders. 940 days.
Smith J frames (.357 Mag) - 4 responders. 924 days. (If you count the single Ruger LCR in this group it becomes: 5 responders. 1274 days)
Glock 17 - 3 responders. 843 days.
Kimber Micro 9 - 3 responders. 748 days.

The rest of the data is pretty meaningless, IMHO.

Thank you for participating! If there are enough additional responses, I may do an update.
Uh, what about the Glock 26. I'm one, and I remember at least one other.