Originally Posted by Tejano
About a quarter of a sheet and just enough to plug the case mouth. I have had case separation when it is jammed in below the neck. A piece of Dacron or kapok works too, or you can use soap or wax in the case mouth only as a plug.

I think I would just go with the bullet method and do some plinking with either cast bullets or reduced loads. If you can get un-sized ones for the 41 magnum they should work.

I've used Red Dot for fire forming unique and bullseye are good too. Start with around 15 grains and keep adding until the shoulder is well defined but not perfectly formed, at first they will look like a Weatherby cartridges. I use the Lee powder dippers for both powder and Cream of wheat, get the regular or use corn meal or gritsl as the instant has salt in it and fouls the bore more.

Thanks! I have unique and red dot on hand already. I have read about the soap plug before, but forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me. I'll prolly load a few pieces with bullets, and a few with cream of wheat. And go with whichever seems to work best. Thanks for the help!