Originally Posted by Valsdad
Mind mentioning on here which pasture fence and energizer you're using?

Yotes got a hen last year while they were out and about. I'd like to get the e fence thing but there are a whole lot of options out there.

thanks in advance.

As mentioned in my initial post, Premier1 has been our source for PoultyNet mesh fencing and a 1 joule IntelliShock energizer has been the jolt for our 164' mesh fence around the coop. Check them out for 120V plug in models or those that can be assembled or a 12V system with a solar panel/frame/battery box and can be setup anywhere on your property. You'll also need a solar charge controller to prevent the panel from boiling the battery. Shoot me a pm and I'll send you a photo of our setup that protects the energizer and charge controller from the sun's UV that you can post here if others would like to see the setup. I also have a second one setup as a solar battery tender for the JD tractor that gets garaged over the winter. It's likely paid for itself in keeping the stout battery charged and happy for many years....

A quick gander at Premier1's website seems to show that they no longer carry the 10W solar panels and associated frames/battery boxes. Might give them a call to inquire about other sources and a system that will serve your needs. The built-up system I've described is far less expensive than their all-in-one solar systems provided one can do some basic wiring/connections per their instructions.

Charge Controller

1 Joule Energizer Options