I'm not sure if I posted these images but here's the .223 Rem Hunter magazine concept that I came up with. The parts were printed using an older .010" resolution 3D printer so a bit rough. The idea was to use the standard 84M receiver and not the .223 Rem/.204 Ruger receiver. The magazine would have required a glass filled nylon 6,6 insert and follower for the current 84M Hunter magazine and would have held 5 rounds comfortably with enough interior length to load 80gr bullets out very long. The A-MAX shown is an 80gr and the other round is a 55gr. If I were designing this today I'd probably add an internal shoulder on the insert much like the Sako S20 magazines to prevent the cartridges from moving forwards and backwards inside the magazine. I couldn't have done that easily with the stainless 84M tube but it would have been easy with the injection molded insert.

The frustrating part was that the molds for the magazine would have been relatively cheap, a .223 extractor was already in existence, and a new barrel would have been trivial.

[Linked Image from thr.mcmxi.org]

[Linked Image from thr.mcmxi.org]

Offering FFL 07 & SOT services in NW Montana
[email protected]