Originally Posted by shinbone
Good points about a company that "get's it." And, while I am a big fan of the Kimber Montana, i.e., lightweight and CRF, I don't think Kimber "get's it." Remember how long Kimber let stupidly simple and easily remedied design flaws exist, which led to their reputation for "Kimber roulette," before they finally fixed them. Kimber needlessly lost a lot of sales due to their own monumental stupidity/incompetence/indifference.

I agree 110%. As is often the way, a company's entire direction can be down to one person despite plenty of experience and knowledge within a company. Kimber is owned by one man who gave all control to an individual who's a despicable, narcissistic, ignorant bully who promotes those with similar traits. If Kimber had a board of directors or was publicly traded with shareholders it would have to change.

It's been over a year since I left Kimber so all NDAs are now null and void. Kimber rifles aren't perfect but I liked them before I went to Kimber and like them still. The new rifle engineer came from Savage and he's not a Kimber fan.

I really enjoyed working at Kimber and have few regrets that I left since I went to a better company with a much better work environment and attitude and am making a lot more money. I do regret not being able to make the rifles as good as I could by incorporating many of the changes suggested by very knowledgeable folks on this forum. In theory it's an easy job for a rifle engineer at Kimber. Spend a few days on this forum reading as many Kimber related threads as possible, send out some PMs, rank the suggestions by priority and cost, then work through them. That's not how things work at Kimber though.

Offering FFL 07 & SOT services in NW Montana
[email protected]