Originally Posted by MTDan
Leaving tomorrow to set up for the 40-mile caribou opener on Tuesday. Hopefully all this rain hampers the morons and their ATVs (unlikely I know...). We're aiming for a bowl with an approach too steep for a quad, so we'll see.

Good luck to you. I'll be the ATV moron up on the ridge ...... smile. And frankly, the one's I've met up there are mostly decent, considerate folks.

Our ATV's (wife bought herself one after last year.... !!!) to get there and the meat out. I don't hunt from it. Or haven't, down here. Did out of Kotzebue when I lived there. Change locations if I must, but the last two years it worked well from right there, less than 2 miles from a nice, warm, dry camper. We back-packed out our bull the first year. Enough of that!. BTDT the last 50 years.

I discovered Internal Combustion! smile

I have a nice dry cave to sit in if I wish. Might even camp out in it tonight or other nights. Rain next 4 days..... Don't give a flip about antlers, but I'm holding out for a decent sized meat bull. Or bulls - wife and son (on his off day) are going too. Those two cows and an orphan calf from last year ran out in March - should have shot 4, canned one.

Last edited by las; 08/09/21.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.