Originally Posted by AGL4now
Originally Posted by TheKid

I once flew over the parking lot at Eureka during moose season. Like you say, dozens of rigs and a bunch of wheelers and buggys headed down the trail towards Monument. Funny part was that about a half a mile in from the parking lot and less than 100 yards off the trail there was a 60” ish bull and three cows laying in some brush on top of a little rise overlooking all the traffic going by them oblivious.

I've see the parking lot at Eureka Lodge/Café packed with 30 or 40 caribou milling around between the parked vehicles. Back in the 70's they would run the State snow plows 24/7/365 just to keep the highway clear of dead caribou. There were so many large trucks hauling everything for building the "Pipeline". The truckers would sometimes have to chain-up in the summer, as the guts from caribou and millions of smashed snowshoe hares was so thick they could not get up some of the hills with heavy loads.

I was there driving in the 70s. Your last sentence is a bit of a tall story don't you think?

'Often mistaken, never in doubt'

'Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge' Darwin