Youper...I live in Niagara...born and raised in Norway.
Anyway..just back from Wy. deer and lope hunt..was lots of fun. We took five deer and a goat. Wyoming F&G was selling left-over tags at $29.00. We, son, brother-in-law, and I each bought one.
I got my buck first afternoon in a draw, he was coming stright down the thing to me. I was on the rim laying down, the rifle rested on a bi-pod. I hit him a bit high in the back..needless to say he droped right there. Bullet penitrated into body cavity, was not recovered. The shot was about 75 yrds. My second deer, a flat-top I shot at a lazed 200 yrds. She was quartering towards me, I hit her right at the shoulder/neck junction. Dropped right now. I didn`t recover that bullet either. (these were 150 Horns). I missed a shot at 352 lazed yards...operator error...I put on a minute more elevation than I needed. Windage, and we had wind, was dead on, shot right over her. the bullet hit the boulder she was bedded by and left a big white spot. Goats were scarce on the ranch we hunted, my son took a doe with his 8mmx300WSM, and goats and deer carried no fat. The buck I shot was aged by F&G at 3 1/2 yrs, was a fork horn still in velvet. F&G said that was because of poor forage caused by the prolonged drought. All in all tho, a fun trip, and the 8x57 performed flawlessly.