I've been shooting an Omega since 2004. I assume you have a scope on it. If not that would explain the group size.

This is what works for me for a deer load: 100 gr BH 209 under a 250 gr Hornady SST with Low Drag Sabot and a Federal 209A primer.

Make sure your bore and breach plug are clean and measure your charges carefully. I usually pop off a primer on a clean bore and then load. I don't swab between shots with BH. You'll see a slight impact shift between 1st and 2nd shots on a clean bore so I'll shoot for a group on shots 2-4. I run a single patch down the barrel after that and every 3 shots thereafter. My avg 3 shot group is a little over an inch.

If I go to the range to check zero before the season I'll swab the bore with a single patch afterwards, wipe off any powder residue from the breach area and put it in the case. I don't do a complete cleaning until after the season. Since BH is non-corrosive I've never had a problem.

Last edited by Bill_N; 10/20/22.

Affordable Sportfishing Charters and Cruises out of Noank CT - https://www.rowdygirlcharters.com/