This hunting season I used, for the first time, this bullet on game and killed three deer with it. Overall, performance was good, but on the last animal taken (a large mule deer doe) the performance was a bit of a surprise.

I was using this bullet in a .25/06 at a muzzle velocity of 3000 fps, and the deer was hit from broadside just behind the shoulder at about 225 yards. The bullet went in between ribs and showed NO expansion on the inside wall of the rib cage where it entered; however, when it impacted the lungs and liver the expansion was about what you would expect and these organs were demolished. The exit hole was good but not excessive with a diameter of about 1.25".

To me, this performance seemed to be very much like that of the Berger VLD's that Mule Deer has described in his writings.

What do some of you think? Is this a common occurrence with other HP's. Have any of you had a similar experience with this bullet?

Thank you,

M. Bell

Last edited by Ten_Sleep; 11/07/07.

"You are so equipment conscious...you carry heavy millimeter cannon with you into the field. The American's sense of sportmanship is equated with his ability to master the sport with his purchases, not his skill." --Scottish author unknown--