S. Texas,

Based on what I have picked up on this thread and after re-evaluating my own limited experience with this bullet, I really think the bullet is fine for the way I am using it, but just a bit stouter than I assumed it would be.

As far as the other two deer go, only one is pertinent because the other was a close range neck shot. The one worth noting was hit high in the left shoulder as she stood somewhat facing me at a distance of about 100 yards. The bullet broke this shoulder as well as the spine and exited the right rib cage without leaving an excessive exit hole. Like I said, it is probably a bit tougher than I expected.

Our little town (pop. 311) is located at the confluence of two creeks that, in time past, was used by Indians of various tribes as a temporary camp. This camp was halfway between two more permanent large camps -- one near what is now Casper on the Platt River and the other on the Clark's Fork of the Yellowstone River in what is now south-central Montana. The distance to either of these larger camps from the smaller temporary camping place was referred to by the Indians as "ten sleeps" -- the number of "sleeps" it took to make the journey either way. Probably, it was an eleven day trip that required "ten sleeps." Hope I explained this clearly enough to make it understandable!

Thanks for the interesting response and good insght,

M. Bell

"You are so equipment conscious...you carry heavy millimeter cannon with you into the field. The American's sense of sportmanship is equated with his ability to master the sport with his purchases, not his skill." --Scottish author unknown--