Fast Ed,

Thank you for the further insight into usefulness of the 120 grain Hornady HP. I hope, that after you are through with your 25-06 heavy bullet test, you will post the results on this website. I, for one, would be most interested in what you find out.

At the present my "heavy bullet" 25-06 load is the 120 grain Nosler Partition, 51 grains of IMR4831, WLR primer and W-W case; this gives about 3000 fps. in my 23" barrel. I have killed several pronghorns and deer as well as one elk (big cow) with this load with good results and no problems. However, when I consider the present cost of the Partitions, and in light of the fact that when the 120 grain Hornady is substituted for the Nosler in the above load, both loads have the same practical point of impact out to 300 yards, I have no doubt I will use the Hornady a great deal in the future.

Thanks again for the good info,

M. Bell

Last edited by Ten_Sleep; 11/13/07.

"You are so equipment conscious...you carry heavy millimeter cannon with you into the field. The American's sense of sportmanship is equated with his ability to master the sport with his purchases, not his skill." --Scottish author unknown--