mtwarden;
Morning to you sir, I hope the week has been at least tolerable for you and you're well.

Thanks for the video, it's a pretty honest representation of the conditions as far as I can tell.

There's a website where more of this content exists if anyone is interested by the way.

https://beyondthekill.net/

They're also connected with the Journal of Mountain Hunting which has a magazine they publish as well. One of the authors lives an hour north of us in Kelowna, BC if I'm not wrong, but to be clear I don't know any of these young men.

Our only mountain goat hunt was in the fall of '87 in the Stikine River country in north western BC just off the Alaska panhandle.

While we've got goats within a half hour drive in a couple directions here, for that matter used to have a small herd up on the mountain behind the house, we or better said I wasn't truly prepared for the steep and wet conditions on the coastal mountains.

We saw lots of goats including one big billy who was laying on a gravel bar on the other side of the glacial fed Mess Creek but couldn't figure out how we'd get down to him, much less cross the creek and survive. My buddy and I still laugh about the crazy spots we watched the goats casually walk along and even bed down on.

In the end, we came away with the impression that any mountain goat hunt we survived was a successful one.

While I was able to chase sheep this past fall with the same buddy who drew crazy high odds LEH tag behind the house, my goat hunting days are done now and I'm good with that - knowing one's limitations and all that... grin

Thanks again and all the best.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"