A Quick Primer Test – Observations

[Linked Image from 303british.com]

I have been reading people’s experiences with primers since the shortages began a few years ago. The biggest complaint was not being able to find any. This problem is still ongoing, but slowly seems to be easing.

When primers appeared during the shortage however, a few people were upset about the poor fit. These primers came from Europe – Ginex and S&B. Most of the observations suggested that they were undersized. I checked some, but did not find anything out of the ordinary. It doesn’t mean that undersized primers aren’t out there. It only means that I never came across any. Did the Internet rumour mill strike again? Probably. There might have been a bad lot of primers, but the trouble was likely blown out of proportion.

I also read complaints about the quality of Prvi Partizan and Winchester brass – and the high cost of all brass, regardless of maker. Like primers, the biggest problem however was lack of product on store shelves.

What I did was a quick check some brass and primers that were in my shop to check for size and fit.

It certainly isn’t definitive, but I was satisfied that the components here were okay.

Click on the link - https://303british.com/a-quick-primer-test-observations/

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]