I can't speak to your LR primer tests, but I've been using some Bosnian Ginex Small Pistol primers lately (4.5/3 P-1), loading them in 9mm and .38 Super. They are a fuzz oversized, at least in my estimation (they are harder to seat in a pocket with a Lee priming tool). Not very scientific, but practical. I was using them in Maxxtech brass (headstamped MXT), which is also made in Bosnia. They were a decent fit in those cases, I can't complain about the minimal extra effort involved. The brass has a lot of issues, but the primers aren't bad.

My Super cases are PMC (Korean) and Aguila (Mexican), and the primers are very snug, but very useable. I don't have issues using them in those cases either. US commercial 9mm cases require a bit more effort, but not enough to fuss about.
The cups are VERY hard, though, I had to swap out the titanium firing pins on some pistols and go with steel firing pins for more reliable ignition. I got them for $72/1000, so I won't fuss about that, CCI primers are selling for $120/1000 locally.

I don't know if that will help anyone, but I hope someone finds it useful.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.