Good question handwerk! According to the postal scales, rifle w/scope & rings weighs 8lbs 15oz, empty. Add 6 loaded rounds with 140gr BT's and it goes to 9lbs 4oz.

But it feels like less than this in your hands. I've got a mid-70's vintage Ruger M77R .300 Win with Leupold Vari-X II 3-9 on it that weighs 8lbs 13oz empty and 9lbs 1oz loaded with 180gr Partitions. It feels like it weighs more than the CZ.

The CZ also weighs within an ounce or two of my best friend's Win 70 Super Grade in .270 and the CZ feels somewhat lighter and handier than it also.

My Sako L61R Finnbear .30-06 with Sightron SII 3-9x40 weighs 8lbs 14oz empty and also 9lbs 4oz with 6 rounds of 150gr BT's. Within 1oz empty and identical loaded, but I like the feel of the CZ a little better, especially in the pistol grip area, both carrying and when shouldered. (No, the Sako's NOT for sale!)

I've toted those rifles for miles and miles, including that Super Grade on a speed-goat hunt in Wyoming this fall (after the Leupold on my rifle crapped out), and I don't notice the weight unless I'm at high altitude in some REALLY steep terrain. So I know I'm really gonna like this CZ in the field.

Bring enough gun and know how to use it.

Know that it is not the knowing, nor the talking, nor the reading man, but the doing man, that at last will be found the happiest man. - Thomas Brooks (1608-1680)