JBabcock: I ordered Millet rings from two different places and they were on backorder at both. Looked around elsewhere and couldn't find the Millets at a decent price, got antsy and decided to use the factory rings. You are right that they detract from the lines, but you gotta admit, they are ULTRA heavy duty (and unfortunately ultra heavy in weight also). There's enough steel in them that you could melt them down and make a Dodge Neon from each one of 'em.

I really like the new stock too. It doesn't feel like you're swinging a chunk of 2x6 when handling it.

Another thing I forgot to mention was the trigger. As it came from the factory, it had about 3 1/2 feet of creep in it, and the "set" pull was too heavy. It was fairly easy to adjust the weight of pull, take-up and overtravel to improve it greatly. The set trigger adjustment was easy also. The unset pull still has just the slightest detectable creep in it, but it's so good otherwise, that I'm not gonna pull the action out of the stock to tweak it until after deer season. The 'set' pull can be adjusted without removing the stock.

Bring enough gun and know how to use it.

Know that it is not the knowing, nor the talking, nor the reading man, but the doing man, that at last will be found the happiest man. - Thomas Brooks (1608-1680)