Originally Posted by Kurt52
The original poster has a nice gun! Very clean!

Based on my sample of one Super X Model 1:

Pluses (my opinion)

- Very smooth operating action (compared to my Beretta AL391 sporter and A400 Xcel). No clunky sounds...just a solid thunk.
- Extremely well built and finished.
- Modified choke only has -0.012" of constriction...so really is Light modified choke and patterns as such. Not a bad place to be for a sporting clays gun with some spreaders for the in-your-face targets.
- No one knows what it is!
- Very simple disassembly/reassembly makes for easy cleaning.
- Parts are still available for the springs and buffer.

Drawbacks (my opinion)

- Trigger is stiff on mine...7#s. Gun is clean and has not been shot very much. Two pounds or more too high and it affects my timing on the first round of skeet I shoot with it for the day.
- Gun is heavy at 8#2oz with the 28" vent rib barrel. Sluggish handling in my hands. Not an upland gun for me...but I knew that have some other nice ones.
- Forend is very "chunky" compared to my 12 ga Beretta AL391 and A400.
- Field stock has a lot of drop at 2-9/16" at the heel. The skeet stock I found fixed that issue.
- No cast-off built into either stock
- No stock shims for drop and cast
- Fixed chokes (I'e got a Full 30" trap barrel and 28" Modified ribbed ...would like a 26" skeet or IC ribbed barrel too!
- It doesn't handle anything like my M12's despite Winchester's claims! M12 beats it easily for what I like shotgun fit and dynamics.
They are nice guns but definitely don't handle like my model 12s .