"Stupid question from the lower 48:
Is there snow there?
I mean, can't you just go get a couple of wolf tags, get the guys and dogs and planes and whatever together and hunt 'em down? I know it may not be easy, in fact may be downright improbable, but I think it might be fun to try. At least try to turn the tables a bit. Or do the authorities frown on that stuff? Or do the folks expect the authorities to do it? None of the above? "

DPOLE:
That area has various cover types. Some of it is "open" with tall willow growth. This willow is mixed in with relatively thick timber, spruce, alder, birch. There are a few winter trails thru the area but is dotted with sloughs as well. I run my dog on the western edge of the area these wolves seem to be roaming. We've got snow today & had some several days ago. I took my dog out running yesterday (Sat.) and I noticed a plane circling low. Obviously they were looking for fresh tracks in the snow. The wolves seem to hold up during the short days & are only active at night. I ran into the musher that maintains the trail I use yesterday & he said he's seen quite a few wolf tracks in the past. I haven't seen any tracks that I'd recognize as wolf. There's lottsa dog tracks in the area I go into. Also, I don't have a snowmachine but use a 4-wheeler when I go in the area. I'd like to find a way to get deeper into their area but I've gotta cross the river, I'm by myself & I don't trust the ice so guess I won't get in there. BTW, it's illegal to airplane hunt & that's a very risky proposition anyway. Guess people will just have to keep a sharp eye out until they get shot, trapped or move out. I'm just concerned they won't move out since puppy chops are so easy to come by. I'm gonna keep trying tho. Later, Bear in Fairbanks

Last edited by Bear_in_Fairbanks; 12/09/07.

"Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes."
Amazingly, I've lived long enough to see a President who is worse than Carter.
And finally,
Gun control means using two hands.