Travelingman1

Yes it is possible to get a 60" there. I don't have the current count from the last fly over but there are moose there. Actually I don't pay too much attention to those counts when it comes to looking for a trophy. They tend to be more important for the meat hunters here. I used to admin that lease for the tribe as well as run access, etc. for a while until the last big political blowup 3 years ago or so.

It is hard to do sheep & moose on the same hunt most places in Alaska unless you have lots of time or get one or the other quickly. But it is possible and that country lends itself to that very nicely. The sheep habitat and moose areas are reasonably close. Also when are you planning to hunt? Usually later in the moose season is better as the bulls are getting careless and the leaves are falling making visiabilty better. But the downside is other hunter success. Of course sheep weather can be worse then too. LOL.

Yep it is a good area. Let me know what you decide and don't be shy on asking questions. I'll tell you if I know, don't know, or more importantly won't tell (political reasons)!!

Moosie -

You are just too excited. 19 days less one now. Hmmm. Just to make you feel bad I'll start chasing moose on the 24th. Sheep and caribou are open now but its been too hot and the caribou herd isn't around yet. Maybe next week for sheep. Need a few frezing days to help knock the leaves off!

John/AK