John, I answered you once but for some reason it did not post?

Guy like you are why I love this board. Always willing to share experience and advice. Especially helpful in a case like this, when I can talk to someone who has "been there - done that". Thanks.

We are planning on hunting from the 8th to 18th of September. Has to be the best time of the year, as that is when I will be there. (grin) Just curious as to how that relates to the season up there? Supposedly, this outfitter will only take 6 guys Moose hunting and we will be three of those, so other pressure should not be too bad. My friend has hunted twice with this guy and has been impressed with the operation, guides, food, stock, etc... (He makes 3 to 4 guided hunts each fall so has some good experience) Our tastes are very much alike, so I think all that should work out.

I say our tastes are alike, except for sheep hunting. Tried that once in Alaska when I was a 19 year old and stationed at Elmendorf. Did not get a thing but it must have been a great hunt, as I am still satisfied. Sheep have never done anything to me that would warrant the lung burning effort, spagetti legs, blurred vision, etc...... required to get them. :-) I will stick with Moose, who like the nice low river bottoms!

Thanks again for your comments. Now I have to wait two years, just to see what the hunting Gods have in store for me. :-( TM

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~