Originally Posted by JoeBob
I didn’t really watch the debate as it happened but from what I’ve seen since, it was bad. Fox was bad. The questions were stupid. People talked over each other. And most of the candidates were either flat out awful and unlikeable (Pence, Hutchinson, and Christy) or extremely unimpressive (Ron and others).

Trump was absolute right to skip it. Love him, hate him, or if you are indifferent Trump it’s going to be him or nobody. I don’t know if he can win. I don’t know if they will let him. But it’s him or nothing. I actually wish it wasn’t so, but it is.

I felt in 2016 that the establishment got it wrong in that Trump was not their demise, he was all that stood between them and the guillotine. I still feel that way. Things are starting to boil and all these people understand is to ratchet it up. If you close every valve on a boiler, the pressure builds until it explodes. Our ruling class is stupid, instead of understanding that and trying to manage Trump and the pressure, they are tying down valves and pouring on the coal. I don’t know what happens when it goes, but it won’t be good for anybody.
Like.