I'm a right-hander who shoots left-handed. I also have a nostalgic fondness for some of the classic calibers many of which were never made commercially in left-handed rifles. So I often have to wait for the rare rebarreled 70, 77 or 700 that comes in a caliber I'm interested in to pop up on an auction site. It's easy to find left-handed 6.5CM, 30-06, 7mm RM or 300 WM. It's close to impossible to find a 257 Roberts, a 300 H&H Magnum or a 35 Whelen. If I really want one, it'll probably be up to me to have one made.

Some other rare rifles are left-handed centerfire Kimbers. A left-handed Sako or Steyr with a stutzen/mannlicher stock is pretty uncommon. It's hard to find a nice Winchester 1895 in .303 British at an affordable price (one sold at RIA this past weekend for $4,700). If I do find one, it's usually in Canada. I saw a LH Husqvarna in 25-06 once that I regret not buying since I've never seen another one like it. I've only seen one of the Browning BLR's in 25-06 that were made in a special run of 150 for Kones Korner. I let a Ruger #1 in .404 Jeffery slip through my fingers which would have been fun to own. Finding a nice upland SxS shotgun in 28 or 20 gauge that I really like with a neutral cast or cast on for a LH shooter can be a challenge.

The problem is there's simply not enough money & space to buy them all so it has gotten a lot easier to pass on new purchases since I fortunately have everything I need.