Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Have you conducted your due diligence and measured your chamber throats to determine both size and whether they all match? Barrel groove diameter means nothing, as long as it's the same size or smaller than the throats. Don't laugh, wouldn't be the first time Ruger sent a revolver out the door with a barrel larger than its throats. Knowing throat diameter allows you to make an intelligent decision regarding bullet diameter, and that'll effect accuracy and leading.

Good chance it's not an issue, but when wonky results happen then it's time to address the minutiae.

Thought has crossed my mind, I priced gauge pins. Then I priced renting the throat reamer and pilots, and considering I have 5, 44's. I think I will rent the tools and check them all.

However, this doesn't help the present. Would jacketed bullets fair any better? I haven't tried the XTPs yet.

Second question, I am suspicious of the crimp because the first few in a 5 shot group will be very close, then the next will drift up and up. Leading me to believe the bullets are moving out, lowering pressure and changing POI up. I can check this next trip to the range... just would like to hear your opinion on if that is likely.
These were heavy doses of 2400, 21-22gr under 250gr cast.