You may want to put a red dot on your gun. No matter how you feel about them, they can aid greatly in getting top accuracy out of a handgun. The difference in group sizes between using iron sights and ones used with an RDO equipped gun are substantial. I have had a couple times when I questioned a load that I shot with irons, went back and shot it with an RDO equipped gun and the difference was quite substantial.

This is excellent advice. I know we all think we’re deadly marksmen, but when we’re shooting at live stuff, we need to be as precise as we can so we can make clean kills. Optics allow us to hold close and call our shots. Of late I’ve been buying OR autos, which make it easy to use optics, and there’s a lot of holster support for them as well. With irons I can bear down and do fairly well at closer yardages, but there’s always some uncalled flyers. With a red dot on an accurate piece like my .22 Victory, I feel like fuggin’ James Bond (I ain’t!). Just remounted a FF3 on my 620, and I’m pretty sure it will stay there now since I have other carry options (mostly with optics).

What fresh Hell is this?