A few suggestions.

One thing to do is to go get a LEE roll crimp die. It will be easy to see the roll crimp on the case, and generally speaking tends to improve accuracy, especially at longer ranges. If it was a .45 Colt, then checking throats may be something to worry about, but in my experience and observation it is rarely an issue with .44 Mags and .44 Specials, unlike the .45 Colt, where it is fairly common to have cylinder throats reamed for uniformity.

You may want to put a red dot on your gun. No matter how you feel about them, they can aid greatly in getting top accuracy out of a handgun. The difference in group sizes between using iron sights and ones used with an RDO equipped gun are substantial. I have had a couple times when I questioned a load that I shot with irons, went back and shot it with an RDO equipped gun and the difference was quite substantial.

The red dot allows you to be far more precise:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

As far as the load goes, your 250 or 275 grain cast bullets along with 10 grains of Unique should be a good place to start. That should produce solid accuracy in any decent .44 Magnum.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com