Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Good post MM. I have almost settled on the 150gr Nosler partition in mine. It's great out to 500 yards. Tested with a simple ballistic plex reticle, 13 oz scope. I like to keep my big game hunting rifles very simple. Lighter in weight, and well balanced. The last time I used my 7mm-08 on a hunt was on a bull 2 years ago. It worked great.

Partitions just seem to never don't work..................

Those are nice results, BSA & you have some excellent rifles.

I've gone away from heavy rifles & have gone more lightweight too with my primary rifle now being a 700 Ti, in 7-04 that weighs 6.25 lb with scope & mounts & it shoots very well is is not finicky. I'm usually using 120 NBT's or 140 AB's or NPT's with either RL-15 or H4350, soon to be moved to RL-16 for both bullet weights.

If not the 7-08, then it's a light 6lb, 10 oz 700 MR in 280 which is also a good shooter. It's not finicky either, shooting well with different powders & bullets, see below.

Here are some loads that I shot during load development.

At one time, I had 4 338's, a 300 win, & 2 7 Mags...............those have gone down the road in favor of the lighter rifles.

MM

7-08 Ti
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

A target for the 7-08 with 3 different powders, same bullet............8 shots in the ragged hole, then I got nervous & dropped one low, LOL

280 Rem 700 MR

Note the different powders & bullet for the 280